4. Brief Report 2009
- Organized the course on Human Ecology and Conservation in São Sebastião, SP, Brazil, which counted with more than 30 participants from all Brazil, and students from Chile.
- Had the outcome from SHE2007, the book Current Trends in Human Ecology, by Lopes and Begossi (in PDF in our site)
- Performed a project in partnership with IBIO (Rio) on 34 artisanal fishing communities from Grande Island, Angra dos Reis and Paraty.
- Organized the book (in press by RIMA and in PDF in our site): Ecologia de Pescadores Artesanais da Baía de Ilha Grande, by Begossi, Lopes, Oliveira and Nakano.
- Initiated the five year research project in Paraty, supported by IDRC-Canadá and in collaboration with Capesca/ Lepac, Unicamp and with Fikret Berkes, University of Manitoba: Community-based resource management and food security in coastal Brazil ((Paraty, RJ).
- Approved the UNESCO/MMA Project on aquatic management in the Lower Tocantins River, coordinated by Renato Silvano.